You have no items in your shopping cart.
Safety glasses are for the people who put their eyes at risk while working. These people are at high risk of eye injury, and so they need to wear safety glasses at their workplace. Who are these people? Construction workers, mechanics at auto repair shops, lab technicians, workers in the manufacturing units, and often athletes have to protect their eyes while performing. If your job demands to wear safety glasses, then investing in quality eyewear is the first thing that you should do. Once you own a pair of safety glasses, you should know how to take care of them. Here are a few tips that will help you to keep your eyewear in perfect condition for a long time.
- If you are using safety glasses, then you should perform maintenance care regularly. There are several things that you should check:
- To ensure that you get clear vision through the glasses, you should clean dirty lenses with a recommended cleanser. When you get clear vision while working, it is more comfortable to perform the given task.
- If the lenses are severely scratched, then opt for replacement as such lenses are at high risk of crack and break.
- If you own the safety glasses that have a headband, then you should be extra careful while working. When the band is soaked with sweat, or it's elastic has lost its grip, you should opt for a new one. Headband in poor condition can slip out of its place while working and increase the risk of injury.
Clean debris and dust from your safety glasses:
- You should know how to perform the cleaning of your safety glasses. Use water or recommend cleansing solution by the manufacturer to clean the lenses.
- Today, many companies keep the cleanser for lenses handy. Do not hesitate to use it as often as you have to. The clear vision is essential to maintain accuracy while you work.
- If you are an athlete, then you might have to purchase it, but it is readily available, and it does not cost you much. While cleaning, you should use microfiber cloth as it prevents scratching while cleaning the glasses.
- You can also clean the safety glasses using lukewarm water. You can fill the bowl with water and sink the eyewear in it, or you can place it under running water. This will completely clean the dust and debris from the lenses and frames.
You can also use a toothbrush as your cleaning tool:
- A toothbrush that has soft bristles is also very effective in cleaning the glasses. You can clean the lenses as well as frames using a toothbrush. All you need to do is to ensure that you don't put too much pressure while cleaning as it can leave the lenses with scratches.
- At the same time, you should avoid using a paper towel, shirt, shop rag, or facial tissue to clean the lenses.
- Using a soft fabric may seem right due to its soft touch, but it usually contains coarse fibers that can leave the lenses with scratches. The fabrics are not always clean and contain dirt particles, dust, and traces of detergents, which makes it imperfect to clean the lenses.
Microfiber Bag is also an excellent option to clean the lenses:
- You can use the inside of the bag to clean your eyewear and not the outside of the bag as it may contain dirt and other impurities.
- You should keep more than one microfiber cloth to wipe your lenses. Do not clean the glasses without using a cleaning solution as it can do more harm to your lenses than any good. You can also go through the manual or directions that usually come along at the time of purchasing. Manufacturers know their products better, and so they might have given a better or a specific guideline to clean the safety glasses.
Always put your safety glasses in case:
- When you buy protective eyewear, you get a case to keep it safe. If you have not received a proper case, you should buy one. You should place glasses in a case that has hard exterior after using it. It is one of the best ways to save your lenses from scratches and other types of damages. You can also use microfiber pouches, box, plastic envelope, or a dustproof container.
- After using the glasses and before putting it in the case, you should clean it properly by following the steps as mentioned above. If you are wearing prescription safety glasses, then also you can follow the same instructions to keep your eyewear in good condition. You should develop a cleaning routine and follow it without fail, and it is guaranteed that you will enjoy using your glasses for a long time.
These are the most basic and essential steps that one should follow to keep their protective glasses safe and in excellent condition. Whether you are working on a construction site, in a manufacturing unit, or you are a lab technician, you can follow this guideline and use your high quality safety eyewear in the best way.