You have no items in your shopping cart.
Prescription sports sunglasses are eyewear with a prescription lens as per your corrective eye prescription. In simple words, sports sunglasses with power are known as prescription sports sunglasses.
When you think of sports sunglasses, their frame style and trends may be the first thing to strike your mind. Maybe you prefer using sunnies, and regular glasses don’t let you rehearse with your looks. There are many purposes why you should maintain eye health by carrying powered sunglasses if you have irregular eyesight.
Prescription sports sunglasses are a great way to look good without compromising your eyesight. It would help if you also kept your eyes shielded against harmful UV rays. Too much UV vulnerability can lead to vision problems and even cataracts. CA sports glasses come with powered as well as polarized eyeglasses. It is vital to get sunglasses with UV protection and powered lenses if needed. Moreover, it is far more effective to don prescription sunglasses than carrying different glasses everywhere.
Prescription sports sunglasses are ordinarily required if you have refractive errors in the eyes that need to be improved with prescription glasses. When there is an elevated need to be out in the sun for a prolonged time, they are helpful. However, in general, if you are utilizing prescription sport glasses, you will not like to upset your eyes when consuming time in the sun, even if sun exposure is a brief one.
The two most essential peculiarities of ideal prescription eyewear are practicality and usability. Prescription sunglasses fuse the best of all worlds and help protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful radiation while enabling you to see clearly.
Here are some causes why you might want to get yourselves a set of prescription sports sunglasses:
- Security against ultraviolet radiation: Both UVA and UVB rays cause injury to the eyes, leading to infirmities like cataracts, macular degeneration, etc. Prescription sports sunglasses shield your eyes from the sun’s damaging effects by blocking ~100% of the sun’s UV rays.
- Rugged protection for gentle skin: The skin encircling the eyes is thin and sensitive and is particularly exposed to UV damage. Sunglasses have protracted benefits as they also give UV protection to the sensitive skin around your eyes. Regular sun coverage of this area blocks sunburn and precipitates aging of the skin nearby the eyes.
- Clear and sharp vision even under the sun: The prescription sunglasses are fitted with the corrective lens, so they are better to address the specific vision correction needs and subsequently enhance your vision optimally irrespective of your eye conditions, shortsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, or presbyopia.
- Combat the glare: A blinding glare can be formed when the horizontal rays of the sun oust back from ground surfaces like beaches, water bodies, snow, car hoods, roadways, sidewalks, etc., right into your eyes. Some people can be more receptive to glare than sun brightness. Prescription sunglasses enable you to see clearly in every farthest situation by banishing the glare.
- Better option to suit leisure activities: You can choose the particular material and style for your pair of sports prescription sunglasses, letting you enjoy your preferred outdoor sport or activity or even sunbathing.
Indeed, you can get your prescription lenses put into your ideal pair of sports sunglasses. It is, however, remarkable to know that the frames must be of good quality, and the lenses are placed accurately and adjusted accordingly.
Match your eyeglasses needs with the following section and see what kind of lens may fulfill your purpose:
- If you are physically energetic and interested in playing outdoor sports: Polycarbonate lenses. These are impact-resistant lens elements.
- If your eyes are more receptive to glare than brightness: Polarized lenses are better suited to fulfill the need to neutralize glare for a more pleasant vision.
- Suppose you are looking for more accountable lenses that darken or lighten automatically depending on the quantity of sunlight you need to meet: Photochromic lenses. These will need UV rays for activation of the variation in the tint.
- Suppose you are always in haste and apt to drop your eyeglasses now and then: Scratch-resistant eyeglass. You may then need not worry about the scratches or ruptures on your prescription eyewear during the frequent falls.
Frame vogues: What you must pay attention to
While prescription sports sunglasses are available in almost all kinds of frame styles, from cat-eye to oval shape, from a square shape to hexagons, there is one piece of advice that most specialists in the field ask to keep in mind.
Prescription sunglasses made with extreme curves can typically distort vision. There is a chance that your prescription sports sunglasses would usually be set slightly curved. However, this may fluctuate from person to person, as per the vision and practical requirements.
Get ready to use prescription sports sunglasses: The ultimate words
You will find prescription sports sunglasses more adaptable, pragmatic, and worth making the additional investment. With regular use, the prescription sports sunglasses will become a complete solution for all your vision-related requirements, correcting your distance vision, or that additional boost for playing sports in the sun without putting extra strain on the eyes.